Welcome to my world

Hello! I am Cecilia Lim. Welcome to ExploringMyself. Why would I want to explore myself? It is strange but true that there are areas within myself I do not know. I think of my mind as a kaleidoscope of ideas and events, a panorama of pictures and scenery, thoughts and visions that generate feelings in me - sometimes I find myself on a journey into the unknown within myself; it is like traveling through space, passing through interstellar galaxies in the universe - a journey that will never end and even in my sleep I travel in my dreams or nightmares. Is the mind like the universe that some scientists think is expanding? I feel I want to climb that stairway to the stars.

Ever since I was a child, I want to explore the unknown - be it within myself or outside myself. On a hike up Penang Hill, I always was enchanted by the beckoning jungle trails here and there which I felt might lead to an enchanted garden or lost horizon. Sometimes I like to explore myself in my senses - in the different tastes of food, spices and fruits although I definitely have very fussy tastes, especially in the matter of meat. I do not take red meat at all - it is quite revolting to me. I also like to explore myself in dress fashion and sometimes my friends would see me in dresses that no one in the world has worn before - I have such insatiable longing to explore the unknown, be it in food, fashion, scenery, strange animals and not least of all - interesting people especially in real life. I want to explore the kaleidoscope of life - I love poetry and in beautiful thoughts, images and ideas, my spirit is set free - to go as far as the human mind can reach.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Are You Limited By Your Physical Frontiers?


From time immemorial, men have always long to have absolute freedom in every aspect of life. They long to fly like a bird, do what they like to do. But that is, of course, impossible. We are finite beings, we have inbuilt limitations. We are controlled not only by natural laws but we are also controlled by the laws of the country where we live. The Greek legend of Icarus who attempted to fly like a bird and died in the process is not only tragic but ludicrous and silly. We are entertained by the story of men’s attempt to do the impossible.



God has created us with certain limitations for obvious reasons; just imagine what kind of a world we would be living in if everyone could fly like a bird. What crimes could be committed by the sinful or evil inclinations of human nature if there were no laws in the country to control them. God in His infinite wisdom knows there need to be a boundary to our abilities. The more talents we have, the more wisdom we need to use them effectively. Adolf Hitler was not a man with ordinary abilities; he obviously was a compelling personality and had the gift to control the minds and hearts of millions of people but he did not have the wisdom (as we understand wisdom to be) to use his abilities for his ultimate benefit; in the process he destroyed the lives of millions of people, including himself. Likewise Saddam Hussein was such a man in our time. What are the secrets of their evil genius? People have often wondered.



Although in certain aspects, we need to have our freedom and abilities to be constrained, I thank God there is a world inside myself that has no boundaries, just like this universe has no frontiers. Within this little grey matter of mine, resides my mind or my soul. In the kingdom of the mind, I have all the freedom in the world, I can do whatever I like, I can weave dreams and fantasies and do things I would not dare to do in the real world. I can live in a world of fantasy and doing things I would not dream of doing in the real world. Well, I can do so with impunity but I cannot escape from the omniscience of God.. Temptation is not a sin nor a crime until it is executed in the real world.



Wonderful as this prospect of freedom of the mind is, it is nothing compare to the day when my spirit leave this house of clay; then there will be no limitations of space and time. I can be anywhere I want to be, In the spirit world, distance and time do not exist. I can travel millions of miles in the blink of an eye; I can spend a year basking in the sun as I live in eternity and there is no question of wasting time.



With the wonderful advancement in technology and the advent of the internet, life can never be the same for mankind. We can live a virtual world of our own invention. Much of our physical limitations have been removed. We can contact people on the other end of the world instantly; at the click of the mouse, we have access to knowledge and events round the world before us. A friend of mine has said, “the internet tend to make people more reclusive as they would spend time surfing it rather than to socialize”. I do not subscribe to this opinion. We have the freedom to connect with anybody in this world and it is harder for us to feel lonely in such an environment. I believe a recluse is one by nature, not one dictated by circumstances.



With so much limitations to connect with other people removed and unlimited access to knowledge and events, we also have unlimited potential to empower ourselves to work for a better life. Internet and network marketing have exploded; our businesses, whatever they may be, can be exploited to the furthest regions of the world and who knows what would happen in the years to come. If there is a colony of human beings on another planet, we can even have commerce with them.



Yes, we have very little reason to be lonely, especially if we can write and express ourselves well; I can share my thoughts, dreams and fantasies with the whole world. Now Google Adsense has made it possible to make money while sharing our thoughts, dreams and ideas in this expanding universe of infinite possibilities. Google Adsense is indeed a bonus or the icing to the cake to something that I truly enjoy and it is no chore at all. Thank you Google for making my job not only profitable but a pleasure in itself.




No comments:

Post a Comment